Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Little Things

After a year and still going strong, I still cannot believe we have made it this far. My friends say they are envious of us and remind me that it is rare for guys to talk about or even plan for future together - you are a rare breed my dear.
Yet, being a pessimist, I cannot help but to feel that the future is blank and impossible to plan ahead for. We chat about how many more years to walk down the aisle, how many tables we need for our banquet (heck, I have a lot of relatives) and how our future house is gonna be like. As much as I hope and wish for these to happen, I hear myself say "We'll see" because, like you, I don't like to disappoint others and giving them false hope. Well, I can say we are two pretty realistic people who do not have our heads in the clouds even with so many conversations about spending our future together until we both step into the grave.
Though I look materialistic and kept saying "Can we just spend a day snuggling together with a hot chocolate and watch movies all day long?", I really do mean it. I would choose to do simple things like your version of cooking and watching movies and laze around rather than hitting the malls, which would incur lots of monetary losses from your side. Of course I cannot laze around too much otherwise I will feel buay paiseh even if your family has considered me to be part of you guys.
Then I have come to discover that you showed the soft side of you more; you shared the same sentiments about lazing around and enjoying each other's company. Besides that, you inject sweet and heartwarming words that I can feel the sincerity in it.  Even though "love" is just a word, I can see it from your actions and improvement in expressing your thoughts.
I hope you do not mistook my words as "He is such a boring block of wood until he knows how to speak well recently" because the report and all other work is draining the energy dry from me. But I do want you to know that even if I am envious of all the lavish buys and livings of other people or other couples just by making quick remarks, I would rather keep things simple and be with you.
I love you dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment