Thursday, July 25, 2013

Trial Run for Party Makeup

My makeup skills hadn't been improving lately and I thought it was time to learn to do a proper makeup for my party. I learned from this YouTuber, frmheadtotoe, as she has monolids and slight hooded lids like mine.



I skipped the mascara and false eyelashes because I was left with a mascara I got 2 years ago and falsies just irritate the tear out of my eyes. I can't stop blinking and tearing up without feeling like there's a toothpick poking my eyelids!

Armed with my 88 neutral colour eyeshadow palette, I believed that I could get any similar colours as she had used in her Urban Decay Naked Palette. After a painful 30 minute, I realize that only the dark shimmery brown colour wasn't available in the set and I had to use the Maybelline Eyestudio eyeshadows in Autumn Spirit. 

Close enough!
This was the closest I could get. It was easier to do the left side as the eyelids were considered to be double eyelids but they are the not obvious type. The right eyelids are completely hooded lids so both eyes would end up with eyeliners of different thickness.

Downside was that my desk light is yellow coloured so the eyeshadows end up looking a little darker than it would have been in the video.

Oh well, good job Hui Yi! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment