Saturday, August 31, 2013

Atas Steamboat Lunch

Today is the day that I get to fully enjoy family day out after so many assignments and exams that made me miss out on family outings. Today is also my first weekend without 大肥 as he is enjoying two weeks of vacation at Taiwan before his school exchange semester begins at a local university over there (good life!). I miss all the yummy food like braised pork rice, pork dumpling, pepper bun and grilled scallops!

He has to buy a ticket soon!
Back to topic: we all headed to JPot at Vivocity - opposite Crystal Jade - for lunch and it was a atas version of steamboat. To order foods, iPads were placed at each table and you can decide if you want a whole pot or "split" the pot so that you can enjoy two broths in one pot. We had tom yum, JPot superior broth, silky porridge and herbal chicken soup. The tom yum broth tastes like what you will get in an instant tom yum noodle soup (well it isn't that bad) and the awesome thing is that I get to see chilies in the pot! The chilies make the broth look more authentic than just seasoning. Dipping kuay tiao - it is referred as pho in the iPad menu - in tom yum sauce is the best decision I ever made. Maybe I could do product development on tom yum kuay tiao?!

You definitely have to order the scallops, prawn balls, fried beancurd skin and thinly sliced pork to go with your soup. The scallops are so fresh and the prawn balls are handmade. For cooked foods, the seaweed tofu is good but not fantastic until you add with your own mix of chili sauce. At the sides, there are sauce stations where you can mix your own sauce and you can help yourself to the drinks at the drink station.

My little train announcer
Oops... I didn't take any photo of the food cos I was busy eating and the table was a mess. Here is a picture with Jay being full and wants to run all over the place. At this time, we were 95% full and couldn't carry on except to finish up the remaining foods.
Spastic little Jay and his brother
Jay pulled me towards this red knight from King Louis Restaurant and wanted me to take a photo of him and the knight... then his older brother joined in the fun.

Directions to JPot (Vivocity): Level 1, at the corner where Marks and Spencer is. The whole lot of us, seven adults and two children, spent about $200. It was worth the money if you are looking for kids-friendly environment and their staff are very helpful and attentive. I would go back... if I have saved up enough! Remember to go in big groups!

No comments:

Post a Comment