Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Key to Adulthood

Congratulations Hui Yi! Being an ultimate klutz and insanely lucky, you have managed to live to 21 years old! I have the party planned four months ahead from location, guest list, catering and decorations and I am proud to say that I'm rather pleased with the results even though it was a cozy celebration with family, relatives and close friends. Let me share this artistic picture of my two adorable nephews who were sitting at the balcony area while waiting for our time to enter the chalet.


We checked in at 2pm and I started with all the decorations. I was so glad that my aunt and cousin came early to help around while 大肥 came a little later. Although I didn't feel any sense of urgency with the relaxed atmosphere as my parents and aunt and uncle chat over kopi, time was ticking and I still had to take the measurements of the area to figure out where I should place my decorations.

Lo' and behold, my sister's vintage polaroid wasn't able to take photos despite replacing the batteries - it eats 4 batteries! Then my cousin had a great idea and told me to open the gift she bought with her brother and I was a bit skeptical when I asked "Is it useful? Will I use it often" and she replied "Hmm... depends but I hope you like it!". It was just the polaroid camera I needed for this situation! They chose a baby yellow colour and it comes along with all the freebies like photo sticker, bag, films, wide angle lens. I can't express how grateful and appreciative I am at that moment.

The whole party caused butterflies in my stomach and I had the littlest appetite for that day (heck, I "ate" butterflies so whaddya think?) I was rushing all over the place, hoping the guests wouldn't be bored and had something to eat instead of sitting there like a China vase. The worst situation was that I had just gotten out of the shower when Hayley and Julie showed up. Thankfully, 大肥 helped me to handle the incoming guests while I get ready makeup and shoes. I wouldn't know what I would do without him... he is so good at hospitality!



Pretty girls at for 5th batch of Massey

This photo shows the height of the shortest guy in the party! I kept blinking at the count of 3... ugh!


Massey classmates! One more year to go!
Secondary school buddies... we came a long way

All my favourite noisy and always-late people!



I love Charmaine's pose with the tall hat and chee ko pek eyes!



Mah spastic and Energizer Bunny AAA batteries (cousins) for life!





On the actual day of 11 August 2013, 大肥 came over to celebrate birthday with my favourite red velvet cake and a simple lunch of western food at Hougang Plaza. Yum yum! I love today.


Happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment